Born in Bajram Curri, Albanian, 1990 _ Currently based in Malax, Finland
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
2010 - 2014 _ Bachelor degree in Painting from Brera Academy of Fine Arts, Milan (Italy), obtained a score of 110/110, with the thesis Tuttele facce dell’Io. Skills in visual arts, art history and painting.
2005 - 2009 _ Diploma from J. Misja High School of Art, Tirana (Albania), obtained a score of 10/10 in Painting.
- Svenska Kulturfonden _ public art project with recycled books from the Lafkan antique shop (now permanently closed), 2021;
- Svenska Kulturfonden _ personal art project Scanning Landscape, 2021;
- Svenska Kulturfonden _ art exhibitions projects at Black Box Genesis art space, 2020;
- Vaasa City Kultural Grant _ got for Black Box Genesis art space, 2020.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Selected for VIZart International Biennale 2019 of Self-portrait entitled Who I am, Tirana, Albania;
- CCSA (under 35) open call _ with the art group La Faretra, we won the open call by Crema Municipality (Italy, 2019), presented the art project: Terminal - a contemporary reflection inspired by Leonardo da Vinci;
- The Art of Shining _ finalist of the competition organized by Red Bull in collaboration with Bobino Club (Milan, Italy, 2014);
- Paolina Brugnatelli Art Prize _ finalist with the partecipation at the group exhibition (Milan, 2011).
- Untitled at Black Box Genesis art space (Vaasa, Finland, April-May 2019).
- The Body Lenguage upcoming exhibition with Itsliquid Group (Venice, Italy, March 2021);
- Konstrundan 2020 (also online exhibition) at Black Box Genesis (Vaasa, Finland, September 2020)/ Group exhibition at Malakta art Factory (Malax, Finland, September 2020);
- Wall Mania at Black Box Genesis art space (Vaasa, Finalnd, 2020);
- Terminal at Sale Agello (Crema, Italy, December 2019);
- Who I Am, VIZart International Biennal 2019 of Self-portrait at National Historical Museum (Tirana, Albania, September 2019);
- Konstrundan 2019 at Malakta art Factory and started a new mural painting inside the building (Malax, Finland, September 2019);
- Participation in Swiss Art Expo 2019 art fair (Zurich, Switzerland, August 2019);
- Terminal, una riflessione contemporanea ispirata a Leonardo da Vinci at Spazio d’arte Tribasso-Looking for Art (Milano,Italy, July 2019) and at Sala Bergognone (Nerviano, Italy, May 2019);
- Sussurri, Racconti Dal Contemporaneo at Villa Rusconi (Rescaldina, Italy, February 2019);
- Le Forme Dell'Uomo at Casa delle Artiste (Milan, Italy, November 2018);
- Il Bestiario di Brera at Villa Adele in San Vittore Olona (Italy, October 2018);
- Le Bestie di Brera at Sala Birolli in (Verona, Italy, September 2018);
- Participation in the exhibition for the art prize Paolina Brugnatelli, Brera Academy of Fine Art, (Milano, 2011).
- Mural Rural Festival 2021 _ selected artist for Mural Rural by Malakta rf ry (autumn 2020, postpone on spring 2021);
- Vaasa Arts Night 2020 _ mural painting for Vaasa Arts Night 30° anniversary (August 2020);
- Vaasa Arts Night 2019 _ art installation Glitch- sorry, there is interference (Finland, August 2019);
- Burning Art Festival 2018 _ performance Deep Smoke at Malkta Art Factory (Malax, Finland, September 2018);
- Vaasa Arts Night 2018 _ performance Living Painting at Black Box Genesis art space and on the streets ( Vaasa, Finland, August 2018);
- Mural paintings for Canottieri Milano sports center (Milan, Italy, summer 2016);
- Participation as fine art student in the workshop about Breraten - Quaderno Di Appunti Visivi by Barbara Vistarini ( Milan, Italy, 2015);
- Realization and installation of two public artworks for the municipality (Buccinasco, Italy, 2014 - 2015);
- Creation of sacred painting La Madre Nostra in collaboration with Fondazione Michetti and the Academy of Fine Art of Brera. The work was painted to replace a work stolen in the church of St. Antonio da Padova, in Francavilla al Mare (Italy, 2013-2014).
- interview and photo documentation for the Museum institution archive of Vaasa City by Silvia Rinne (Vaasa, Finland, September 2020);
- participation in the television program, workshop and interview for Yle Strömsö ( Finland, October 2020);
- interview, article and video documentation by Vaasa City cultural department, about the Mural for Vaasa Arts Night 2020 ( Vaasa, Finland, 1st September 2020);
- radio interview and article by Yle cultural section ( Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland, 31st July 2020);
- Who I Am, VIZart International Biennal 2019 of Self-portrait catalog (Tirana, Albania, September 2019);
- video documentation by Crem@online and article by Cultura Crema about Terminal - una riflessione ispirata a Leonardo da Vinci group exhibition( Crema, Italy, December 2019);
- interview and article for the blog/emerging section of The Bow - Art Communicator ( Italy, 8th August 2018).
ARTIST TALKS AND WORKSHOP
- Artist Talk _ I had three meetings with the students of Vasa övningsskola, to talk about the mural commissioned by the city of Vaasa to celebrate the Arts Night anniversary (Vaasa, September 2020);
- Monotype online Workshop for Art Saturday at Malakta (May 2020);
- Handmade Paper Workshop for Art Saturday at Malakta (December 2019);
- Artist Talk at Malakta Art Factory (June 2019).
February 2021 - Present _ Full Member of G.A.P. - Globe Art Point ry (Finland);
January 2021 - Present _ Client of Kuvasto ry Visual Arts' Copyright Society (Finland);
May 2019 - Present _ Board Member for Malakta art factory ry/rf (Malax, Finland).
• 2020 - Present _ Co-Director and Artists Coordinator of Mural Rural Festival for Malakta ry/rf (Malax, Finland).
• June 2018 - Present _Co-manager of Black Box Genesis art space (Vaasa, Finland).
• May 2018 - Present _ Founder of Black Box Genesis.
• September 2020 Guest Artist in Yle Strömsö for an episode on the monotype technique (Vaasa, Finland).
• July / August 2020 _ Mural Painting in collaboration with Vaasa City for a murale grented by Bröderna Gröndahls Stiftelse - Veljekset Gröndahlin Säätiö sr (Vaasa, Finland).
• 2010 - 2017 _ Freelance Visual Artist, 360 Decor-Art (Milan, Italy).
• 2016 _ Mural paintings for Canottieri Milano sports center (Milan, Italy).
• 2014 - 2015 _ Realization and installation of two Public Artworks for the municipality (Buccinasco, Italy).
• 2015 _ Assistant for David Tremlett during a site specific artwork at Zazà Ramen (Milan, Italy).
• 2014 _ Preparation of the space dedicated to Remo Salvadori in the T-Rame art exhibition at the Triennale di Milano ( Milan, Italy).
• 2011-2014 _ Assistant for Remo Salvadori (Milan, Italy).
Copyright © 2021 Bekim Hasaj